If you’re planning to install a new AC unit for your home, it’s important to make sure you get the right size air conditioning system. A cooling unit that is too small will struggle to keep your home cool, while one that is too large will waste energy and money.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to properly size an air conditioning unit for your home:
- Measure your home: The first step in determining the right air conditioning size for your home is to measure your home. This includes the square footage of each room, as well as the overall square footage of your home. It’s also important to note any windows, doors, or other openings that could affect the cooling needs of your home.
- Consider the climate: The climate in Moody, AL can be hot and humid, which means you’ll need a unit with a higher BTU (British Thermal Unit) rating to effectively cool your home. The BTU rating is a measure of an AC unit’s cooling capacity, and the higher the rating, the more powerful the unit.
- Calculate the cooling load: To determine the right air conditioner size for your home, you’ll need to calculate the cooling load. This is the amount of heat that your home generates and the amount of heat that enters your home from external sources. Several factors go into calculating the cooling load, including the size of your home, the climate, and the type of insulation you have.
- Consider the size of your air conditioning unit: Once you’ve calculated the cooling load for your home, you can determine the size of the air conditioning unit you need. A general rule of thumb is that you should have at least 20 BTUs per square foot of living space. For example, if you have a 1,500-square-foot home, you’ll need an air conditioning unit with at least 30,000 BTUs.
- Consider other factors: In addition to the size of your air conditioning unit, there are a few other factors you should consider when choosing an AC installation in Moody, AL. These include the efficiency of the unit, the type of refrigerant it uses, and the warranty. An energy-efficient unit will save you money on your energy bills, while a unit with a good warranty will give you peace of mind in case anything goes wrong.
- Hire a professional: Installing an AC unit can be a complex process, and it’s important to hire a professional to ensure it’s done correctly. A professional HVAC technician will be able to assess your home and recommend the right air conditioning size for your needs. They’ll also be able to install the unit correctly and perform any necessary maintenance to keep it running smoothly.
Hiring a professional from Campbell Air Conditioning for your AC installation in Moody, AL will ensure that the job gets done correctly and efficiently. Our trained technicians will visit your home and assess your cooling needs. In addition to helping you choose the right air conditioning size, we will take care of the installation process.